First of all, I want to apologize for not updating in a very timely manner. However, I plan to change this behavior so no worries you won't have to go another month and a half without another update!
With that aside, I would like to share how God has been a part of this process especially when it comes to the details. Regarding storing all my stuff which is quite a lot :), I was not very settled with the idea of having to pay $40-$50 a month to have my stuff sit in a storage place for 8 1/2 months. God saw this need and provided a place for me store my stuff for free through a friend's dad who owns office buildings. Not only did I get a free place to store my stuff, my friend and a couple other friends along with my parents helped me move which made it go very quickly. I thank God for my friends who have such beautiful servant hearts.
Not only do I not have to pay for a storage place, but I dont' have to pay for my cell phone because my plan ended in the middle of August and my cell phone company allowed me to pay for one extra month. Praise God that I didn't have to pay a cancellation fee or have to pay a fee to keep my phone going while I am gone!
Slovakia is known for their hiking trails which I am very excited to take full advantage of!However, I was experiencing a lot of knee pain even when I ran for just 10 minutes so I thought there was no way that I would be able to enjoy it. Thankfully, God provided me with free physical therapy through a person that I have mutual friends with. With his kind servant heart and my baking expertise, I was able to get free sessions with him and now I am stronger than ever before. Praise God!
There are many more stories like the above which shows me how God is going to take care of me while I am abroad doing mission work. It is so affirming to watch how God is providing for my every need because I know I am exactly where God wants me to be.
I have felt the love of my family and friends in such beautiful ways in the past few weeks. All i can say is that I love you too and appreciate all the encouraging words and prayers.
I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I continue to prepare to leave for Slovkia on Thursday. Pray that all the last minute "things to do" will be accomplished. Pray that I will be able to savor each moment from packing to saying goodbye to getting on the airplane. Pray that God will protect me while I travel espcially from the pickpocketers and that I won't have any delays or problems with my airline. Pray that God will give me wisdom and discernment. Thank you in advance for your prayers.
You can praise God with me for being an intimate God who takes care of all our needs. Praise God for creating us as relational beings and blessing us with supportive and loving friends. Praise God for his tender love and amazing grace.
Here is what my travel schedule looks like:
-I fly from Chicago at 8 p.m on Thursday night and arrive in Amsterdam on Friday at 10 in the morning. Then I have an 8 hour layover in which I hope to explore the fresh air of Amsterdam. Next, I fly from Amsterdam at 6 p.m and arrive in Vienna at 8 p.m. Then I take a bus from the airport that leaves at 10:30 and arrives in Bratislava at 11:30 p.m. It is here that I will be picked up by one of my leaders from YWAM. Then I will be travelling by car to Banksa Bystrica which is about a 2-3 hour drive that night or the YWAM leader and I will stay the night in Bratislava and drive to Banska Bystrica the next day. Whew...I sure will be tired!
My next posting will be from Slovakia! Talk to you then!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment